Friday 6 January 2012

Meeting and IVF and ICSI

After a few months, nothing had happened.
My husband took this seriously, finally.
We went to the doctor again and made an appointment.
  
On the 29th of January 2010, we had an interview with a doctor from the hospital.

The doctor asked us some questions about if I had been married with another man before and had I been pregnant in the past. I thought that for some couples their past secrets would be brought to light here.
The doctor asked us many questions, then asked us to wait for a while and she left the room.

A few minutes later she came back and said, " Your sperm number is very low so you can't have normal IVF. "
I asked the doctor, " I heard the number of sperm will change every month." but she said " Yes, but even if the sperm number is increased, it is still out of the question. The number is very very low."
Oh my God. What had he done in his life? I thought.

She explained to us we have to have another kind of IVF (It's called ICSI).


I'll explain what the difference is between IVF and ICSI briefly.

On IVF, one egg is put in a small container with about 50000 sperm and they let them achieve fertilization naturally.

On ICSI, a doctor chooses some fine sperm and puts them one at a time into the eggs by a sharp injection needle to achieve fertilization.


We were allowed to have ICSI, so the doctor put us on the waiting list.
We had to wait at least 12 months from this day.

" Ahhhh, 12 months....... From today. " I thought.