Friday 20 January 2012

The egg transfer day

The egg transfer day came at last.  It was on a Saturday, my husband will stay with me during the transfer.
Even if he will be just sitting on a chair and looking at the transfer, I felt that we were doing it together.

I changed to the same gown that I wore on egg pick up day and we were taken to the small operation room.
I sat on the same kind of sofa chair and parted my legs.

The doctor showed us the photo of our embryo on the TV screen on the wall and he said " this is a nice and healthy embryo. ", " Oh, is it? Good! " I thought.
A nurse brought a thin and long tube and I thought " Does this go into me? Oh, no, it looks painful...... "
The doctor started talk to my husband, I was nervous.
" It's done." the doctor said. " Ha? Really?? I didn't even feel the tube coming into me. " I thought, but I was happy to have done this mission.

After that, we went to the coffee shop in front of the fertility centre.
Our embryo is in my womb now. I felt half wonder and half happy.