Saturday 7 January 2012

The first meeting at the fertility centre

A month later, we had a meeting with a doctor from the fertility centre. It was the first meeting with a doctor from the fertility centre. She looked at our documents and made sure that we are still keen to do ICSI ( IVF ).

( If you want to know about this fertility centre, click here : )
http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/Home.aspx

She explained that we have another way we can do this.
That was asking for someone else's sperm as a donor, because my husband's number is quite low......  

" Ask a sperm donor?? "

" Donor!! "

I have never thought about this before, I've thought about adopting a child before but never about this.

The doctor said that we can think about this until our next meeting.
After the meeting, I asked my husband " What does he think? " He didn't want to use someone else's sperm, because he still have some it even if it is low number.

An idea came into my mind to ask my husband's dad, I thought this would be the same blood line.
I told my husband this idea but he said " The baby is gonna be my brother or sister! not my baby!! "
Yeah, that is right.

A few days later, I talked with my friend about this and she said that if I can wait for another 5 years, I could use her son's......
Hey! I'll bear my friend's grandchild!
What kind of family tree we'll have!!

Anyhow, we decided to do ICSI with my husband's sperm.